How To Set And Pick Up A Vanity URL
When you first set up a Page for yourself or business, Facebook gives you a url that looks something like this…..
Not very easy to remember, and certainly not something you could tell your friends at a party to go and visit.
In order to set the Facebook vanity url for your fan page, there are several things which need to be in place first.
- You need to be admin of the page in question
- It seems you also may need a verified account
- You need to know which name you want for that page. Because once you have set it, you can never change it.
- Your Fan Page must have reached 25 likes
Now you can claim your own unique Facebook URL.
So now your Vanity URL can look like this one
In fact, feel free to go to our Page now and ‘LIKE’ it if you haven’t already done.
Before setting up your Fan Page you should know Facebook restriction as follow :
Facebook lists the following restrictions:
- Create a username that is as close as possible to your public figure or business name (e.g. AshtonKutcher, PizzaHut).
- If you own the rights to a given name, make it your username so that others cannot obtain it.
- Usernames can only contain alphanumeric characters (A-Z, 0-9) or a period (“.”).
- Choose a username you will be happy with for the long term. Usernames are not transferable.
- Your username must adhere to Facebookâ€™s Statement of Rights and Responsibilities.
Setup Vanity URL
Once logged into Facebook follow these simple steps:
- Go to www.facebook.com/username
- Select “Select a Username” for your page
- This brings up a drop down menu, select the page you want to create the username for.
- If your page has the needed 25 fans it will bring up a box .
- Enter your desired username and click on “check availablilty”
- If it’s available, you will be shown some final terms – if you are happy with your choice click “confirm” or select “cancel” to try another one.
Now you can send out your new Facebook URL – https://www.facebook.com/smartgoalmttb/info
- Remember – this won’t work for a Page that doesn’t have 25 likes or more.
- If you have not already “Like” our page, please feel free to do so.