Very Interesting and Funny people of USC! Do you like to write? Do you like to tell jokes? Do you like to write weirdly specific jokes about the school you attend? Then you should be writing for Funny Or Die University!
Read more below the cut!
Funny Or Die University is FOD’s college outreach program that is hitting select campuses across the nation this year. USC is lucky since His Holiness, Sir Will Ferrell IV, Father of Comedy™ and notorious alum of Not The Cinema School went here. And then he went on to found Funny Or Die! So we got one of the first chapters! Trojan Family. It’s no joke.
What does this mean for you? Well, we’re looking for students to write USC-targeted content for our social media presence. If you can write a solid joke about the superfluous amount of fountains we have around campus, you’re already pre-qualified. If you can write two solid jokes about it, you’re already hired.
This is a great opportunity for up-and-coming comedy writers, because it gets you a lot of things, FOR EXAMPLE:
- Exposure! Your writing will be up on all of Funny Or Die USC’s social media platforms for the whole world to see. Also, contingent on level of hilarity you’re able to bring, you may also be featured on Funny Or Die’s primary Twitter [8.23M followers! Can you hear the millennials screaming?] and funnyordie.com.
- Resume! This is a dope thing to put on your resume. Who doesn’t like Funny Or Die? No one in Hollywood, that’s for sure. Everyone here loves us, even Michael Ovitz.
- Contacts! Doing this job will put your name and your writing in front of a ton of Funny Or Die executives. That’s an awesome networking opportunity at the low, low price of 140 characters. You’ll also be a frontrunner to participate in other events hosted by Funny Or Die University later in the year. The possibilities are endless.
- Swag! You can’t buy a Funny Or Die hoodie, but if you’re super good at writing jokes, we’ll put strings and get you one. Same goes for FOD shirts, hats, and mugs. We know a guy.
- Fun! This will be fun. You’ll get to work with fun people. You’ll get to do fun things. If you looked fun up in the dictionary, this job description wouldn’t be there, but it should be. Fun.
So if this sounds like something you’d be interested in, send samples of your hilarious comedy joke funnies over to firstname.lastname@example.org. Keep in mind, this is mostly for writing on platforms like Twitter and Instagram, so don’t send us the first eight drafts of your indie movie. Keep it short-form. The character number is limited, but the humor is not.
We eagerly anticipate your jokes about CTCS 190.
Also, follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram for updates about the program, our upcoming events, and our weekly giveaways. We’re even funnier than that time The Hollywood Reporter said AFI is a better film school than USC. Yay jokes. Fight on.
Please make sure your submissions are in before September 10th, 2014.